The Office of Faith Formation will be offering classes for Catholic adults who have never been confirmed. The class will be held on September 14, 21, and 28 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm. Please call 459-5472 for more information.
Calling all interested medical professionals of St. Alphonsus! Please join us on May 20th at 6:00 pm in the Parish Center Lounge (enter through the doors closest to the Rectory). We will brainstorm on ways to develop a medical emergency response for parish events. Call Ann Lepech at 447-8159 with questions.
Lent marks the final days of preparation for candidates and catechumens who intend to join the Catholic Church on Holy Saturday, April 3. During the Rite of Election celebration on February 21 at the Cathedral of Saint Andrew, Bishop Hurley welcomed and encouraged 18 individuals from St. Alphonsus Parish.
Journey through the Triduum with the Choirs of St. Alphonsus in their new CD The Power of the Cross. The CD will be on sale starting on the weekend of February 20 and 21 after all the Masses for $12 each or 3 for $30. All purchases will directly support the Music Ministry at St. Alphonsus.
St. Alphonsus Capital Campaign
a new vision
Connecting Legacy to Future
Approaching $2 million dollars
Major projects are already underway!
Please see the links below for more information on how you can become involved in making St. Al’s grow and create a new image for future generations to come.
Projects completed in 2008 – Costs have been paid in full
New church roof – An anonymous donor helped us launch the campaign with a gift matching the entire cost of this project
In addition, exterior repairs to our church windows were completed
Projects to be completed in 2009 – Costs will be paid with donations already received
Tuckpointing – Repairing the grout between bricks and replacing damaged bricks to seal the church exterior
Replacing the tower roofs on the church
Installing a new lightning protection system for the church
Projects to be initiated in 2010 – Costs will be paid with a combination of cash already received and pledged contributions for 2010
- A new west entrance to the Parish Center (former school building) will be created, with a handicap-access ramp into the building, an elevator to change floors, and barrier-free restrooms
- A roof replacement and infrastructure improvements to the Lafayette wing will allow the Food and Clothing Pantry and Catherine’s Health Center to move into this area
- Repairs to the church interior wallswill be made, eliminating cracks and repainting damaged surfaces
Priority projects for 2011 – Significant funding will be available through pledged contributions for 2011; additonal donors and donations will be required to conduct all projects on this list
- Repair/replace church steps and exterior walkways and ramps
- Install new heating system for the church
- Refurbish Parish Center (cafeteria/kitchen)
- Refurbish Rectory exterior
- In addition, the master plan includes other potential projects-a circle drive, fellowship center, and air conditioning for the church. These projects will be revisited as funds become available